RESULTS: THE WAY THEY WANT THEM
BROAD AND SUSTAINED EFFICACY
- Rapid and durable efficacy in skin plaques1
- Significantly improves difficult-to-treat manifestations such as2-5:
- Also approved for the treatment of adults with active psoriatic arthritis6
- Efficacy in tender and swollen joints
- Efficacy in dactylitis and enthesitis
PROVEN LONG-TERM SAFETY
- Favorable safety and tolerability profile6,7
- Proven long-term safety profile6,7
- No label-required laboratory monitoring6
EASE OF USE
- Convenient, oral dosing6
- Unique mechanism in psoriasis treatment—oral intracellular PDE4 inhibitor8
- Papp K, Reich K, Leonardi CL, et al. Apremilast, an oral phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibitor, in patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis: results of a phase III, randomized, controlled trial (Efficacy and Safety Trial Evaluating the Effects of Apremilast in Psoriasis [ESTEEM] 1). J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015;73(1):37-49
- Sobell JM, Foley P, Toth D, et al. Effects of apremilast on pruritus and skin discomfort/pain correlate with improvements in quality of life in patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. Acta Derm Venereol. 2016;96(4):514-520.
- Crowley J, Gooderham M, Wasel N, et al. Apremilast, an Oral Phosphodiesterase 4 Inhibitor, in Patients With Nail, Scalp, and Palmoplantar Psoriasis: 52-Week Results From the ESTEEM 2 Trial. Presented at: the 73rd Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology; March 20-24, 2015; San Francisco, CA.
- Rich P, Gooderham M, Bachelez H, et al. Apremilast, an oral phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitor, in patients with difficult-to-treat nail and scalp psoriasis: results of 2 phase III randomized, controlled trials (ESTEEM 1 and ESTEEM 2). J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015;74(1):134-142
- Bissonnette R, Pariser DM, Wasel NR, et al. Apremilast, an oral phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitor, in the treatment of palmoplantar psoriasis: results of a pooled analysis from phase II PSOR-005 and phase III Efficacy and Safety Trial Evaluating the Effects of Apremilast in Psoriasis (ESTEEM) clinical trials in patients with moderate to severe psoriasis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016;75(1):99-105.
- OTEZLA Summary of Product Characteristics. Stockley Park, Uxbridge, UK: Celgene Europe, Ltd; 2017.
- Papp K, Sobell JM, Shah K, et al. Safety and Tolerability of Apremilast Up to 182 Weeks: Pooled Analyses From Phase 3 Clinical Trials. Presented at: the 74th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology; March 4-8, 2016; Washington, DC.
- Schafer PH, Parton A, Capone L, et al. Apremilast is a selective PDE4 inhibitor with regulatory effects on innate immunity. Cell Signal. 2014;26(9):2016-2029.